Sunday, June 24, 2012

We've arrived!!

We finally arrived after over 20 hours of travel!  We started in at Washington Dulles International Airport on Saturday morning, arrived in Seoul, South Korea at 4pm Sunday afternoon and reached our final destination of Taipei, Taiwan at 9:45pm on Sunday night. We were warmly greeted by our Taiwanese hosts and taken to the Bed and Breakfast (www.shminsu.com) were several us are staying for a few days.  Upon arriving at the B&B, they had a welcome meal for us.  Mind you, it is 12:30am Taiwan time but our hosts wanted to welcome us with food and drink.  Our spread including bamboo sprouts, salmon, noodles, salad, omelet, mangos and bananas.  All of it was so delicious!  Already, they are such gracious hosts and I can tell it’s going to be a wonderful experience.  Tomorrow, we will be heading to the senior high school and meeting with English teachers.  I am so looking forward to meeting more of the teachers and people here, and experiencing the culture. 


I have already had delicious Asian cuisine even before we arrived in Taiwan.  On Korean Air, I had Bibimbap, which is rice, with vegetables, beef, spicy chili paste and sesame oil.  Then in the Seoul airport, I had a cold Asian noodles in a spicy broth (pictured above).  I am so excited about experiencing more traditional Asian and Taiwanese cuisine!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made it! I've been thinking about you! I'm so jealous - it looks like it's going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete